Saturday, February 6, 2010

Korean Beer

The first time I asked for a FREE beer on Korean Airlines, I was promptly handed a Heineken. Not my favorite, but hey a pretty decent beer and it was free too. I was pleased.

But after walking around Seoul with our wonderful, charming hosts Chang Joung and Seon Bin, I had come to learn that there was a popular beer real Koreans drink and it is called Cass. So, naturally, when we boarded our flight to Singapore, I made it a priority to request a Cass, and it was handed to me right away. If I had a lawn in Seoul and had to mow it on a very hot day, a Cass would do just fine. Refreshing and cool without much fuss about flavor and such. I bet it is a lot cheaper than Heineken and the perfect flight attendants were probably laughing at me behind their perfect little curtain. But wait... There turned out to be another Korean beer on board: Hite (pronounced hi teh). Yes, of course I had to try it. I thought it tasted a little better and enjoyed it's higher carbonation. This is a beer that would do just fine if I had a lawn in Seoul to mow and it was only a slightly hot day! It's THAT good!

Hmm. I want a Hite right now and it is only 0845 local time. This nasty tea Linda brought down for me earlier will have to do. It's cooling and will prevent my bursting into HEATY flames I am told. *glugglugglug*

No comments:

Post a Comment